Man Dies From Eating Too Much Black Licorice
THURSDAY, Sept. 24, 2020 (HealthDay News) — A Massachusetts man died from eating too much black licorice, doctors say.
The 54-year-old construction worker ate a bag and half every day for a few weeks, which led to an imbalance in his body’s nutrients that caused his heart to stop, according to the case study in the New England Journal of Medicine, the Associated Press reported.
Consuming just 2 ounces of black licorice a day for two weeks could cause a heart rhythm problem, especially for people older than 40, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.